+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USA Ultimate Junior National Team Coaches selected

Administrator
    Manager - New Media
    matthew@hq.usaultimate.org

USAU Board Member
    I suppose this goes into the whiny complaint, go ahead and disregard, bucket but... that there were no Pennsylvania players chosen for the last team when the Pennsylvania teams placed 1st and 3rd at Easterns just wasn't right.

How many of them applied and were chosen to go to the training camp? How many of the ones that went trained really hard in order to be prepared to make the team? Finishing first at Easterns doesnt mean they were in the top 15 or however many players at the camp. My team (I wasn't coaching at the time) didn't go to Easterns that year but sent 2 players to the camp and put 1 on the team, they worked their butts off outside of practice to be ready.

Matthew, when can we expect an announcement about application information, tryouts, etc. so that players can submit their information?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rrudnic View Post
    Matthew, when can we expect an announcement about application information, tryouts, etc. so that players can submit their information?
    From the linked news item:
    Expect more announcements about the application process for the teams this fall and winter.
    Manager - New Media
    matthew@hq.usaultimate.org

I saw that I was really wondering if you havd anything more specific, like sometime in October for example. Fall and Winter is only a 5 month window to look for something.

USA Ultimate Staff
    There will be updates about applications, try-out camps, and so forth throughout the next few months. The application window will likely open in early October.

Is there an official announcement of who is invited to the camps or is that kept private and just an announcement of who makes the team?

+ Reply to Thread