+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Score Reporter Updates

Score Reporter Updates

Looks like Score Reporter got a bit of an update.

What do you like about it? Dislike?

I like the Ability to have games to, cap, timeouts, etc listed neatly.

Administrator
    Thank you to Rodney Jacobson for the recent SRT update. SRT feedback can also be sent to srt_help@usaultimate.org.

In summary, this recent upgrade includes the following new features:
    - creation of a cap time info grid (see http://scores.usaultimate.org/scores...ournament/7032)
    - team seeding is listed (addresses the situation where bracket play only events not having team page links)
    - ability to add multiple (identically sized) brackets at once
    - you can add your brackets/pools to a new line, or keep them within the same line
    - an empty bye round is the default at the end of pool play to allow for easier editing of a pool across two days

The help pages should be updated shortly.
    Last edited by matthewbourland; 09-03-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Manager - New Media
    matthew@hq.usaultimate.org

Administrator
    Additionally, the notes field now has automatic link creation for text containing http://* or https://*. That should allow TDs to create links between related events or outside links.
    Manager - New Media

Administrator
    The Score Reporter now has a scoreboard page as the landing page, which tracks games in progress.

Additionally, each game on that page contains a box score where game progressions can be tracked as well as the Goals/Assists for each score attributed to a rostered player.
    Manager - New Media

Score Reporter is down again.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rrudnic View Post
    Score Reporter is down again.
    It looks fine to me: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/s...saultimate.org. Email me if you are still experiencing issues.
    Manager - New Media

Well it doesn't look like anything but a blank page to me. When trying to load the Youth Open tournaments it gives me this prompt, "Update available, please press the reload on your browser" pressing reload gets me the same thing.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rrudnic View Post
    Well it doesn't look like anything but a blank page to me. When trying to load the Youth Open tournaments it gives me this prompt, "Update available, please press the reload on your browser" pressing reload gets me the same thing.
    Try a hard refresh of your browser (Ctrl + F5 for windows users). Just hitting F5 grabs from your browser cache.
    Manager - New Media

USA Ultimate Staff
    The new score report feature is a huge boon to TDs who are trying to keep fans up-to-date. A few thoughts for improving it just a bit more (and perhaps some of this is obvious) after using the feature at MA Regionals -

1) I couldn't find a way to start a game in the "scoreboard" page. I would have to input 1-0 on the main tournament page, but then I was unable to attribute a the goal/assist to anyone on that play.

2) Include player numbers in the dropdown for the box score (often I would not know teams well enough, so number was all I went by). Note - I assume this was pulling rosters from a database different from score reporter, as it seemed more up-to-date. Perhaps teams will have to start listing player numbers as they register their players for Sectionals? (may be a few years off, I know).

3) Is there a way to edit a box score? A couple of times I mixed up the goal/assist field, but I could find no way to fix my mistake.

4) Are the box scores archived? As the feature grows it would be great to be able to view them again.

unrelated to score reporter - but teams that do not use block numbers end up doing a huge disservice to people trying to keep track of scores. For example, I was sitting right outside the endzone of the MA finals. If Truckstop scored in the far endzone, I was completely unable to read their numbers because of the font. Ring of Fire jerseys did not have this problem.

Anyway - loved the score reporter updates. From the feedback I received, fans love it too.
    Last edited by bakerpratt; 10-20-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prattbh View Post
    1) I couldn't find a way to start a game in the "scoreboard" page. I would have to input 1-0 on the main tournament page, but then I was unable to attribute a the goal/assist to anyone on that play.
    For now you do have to go to the tournament page to add a game to the scoreboard. You just can leave the score at 0-0, and just check the "In Progress" box.

2) Include player numbers in the dropdown for the box score
    Yes, definitely.

3) Is there a way to edit a box score? A couple of times I mixed up the goal/assist field, but I could find no way to fix my mistake.
    Yes. In the "Edit Game" popup you can click on any score and enter the goal/assist data for that point. (The previous game score will need to have been entered first to show which team scored.)

4) Are the box scores archived? As the feature grows it would be great to be able to view them again.
    Yes. You'll be able to view, add, and correct old game data.

Thank you for the feedback.
    -Rodney Jacobson

+ Reply to Thread