PDA

View Full Version : Why are some of the regionals shcedules still not up yet?

patrickmooney121
10-08-2010, 08:01 AM
How is it that you guys have yet to post some of the regional schedules yet when there is less than 24 hours until the tournaments kick off? It doesnt seem like much to ask that you post the schedules with more than 24 hours notice. I thought this was your big moment for the year, the series, and you dont even have schedules out yet. Come on UPA, get your stuff together.

commitch
10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
USAU is not in charge of putting the tourney schedules up, the tournament directors are. if the TD's for the regions in question are RC's, then maybe you have a gripe, though they are still volunteers, not USAU employees. I agree these schedule should be up much earlier, but the reality is that teams drop out last second, which either get replaced or not, which could effect seeds and/or formats...thus, changing the schedule. I think one region lost their fields pretty late in the game.

patrickmooney121
10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
im not harping on the volunteers, without them it would be impossible to run the series, im saying that the UPA should do a better job communicating with the TDs and encouraging them to get the schedules up. I understand teams drop out and the schedule may be subject to change but id rather see even a tentative schedule than wait in the dark up until less than 24 hours before the event.

I play in the northeast region so it puzzles me why the mixed and womens regionals schedules are up but not the mens. Wouldnt it be the same TD?

Again, its the UPAs premier event, so when you see things like - not having schedules up, poor communication by RC/TDs (see recently posted RSD thread), fields being lost at the last minute - it just seems a little disappointing.

commitch
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Again, its the UPAs premier event, so when you see things like - not having schedules up, poor communication by RC/TDs (see recently posted RSD thread), fields being lost at the last minute - it just seems a little disappointing.Well, nationals is the premier event, but you raise an important point that regionals should have more emphasis than they currently do as regionals can draw more spectators as it's a more localized event than nationals (though this applies more to the college series). I think USAU could stand to grow the regional tournaments (quality, not size) to get a better following for our sport.